Xfinity TV Packages, Plans, and Reviews
What you need to know about Xfinity TV
The first thing you need to know about Xfinity TV is that you’ve probably also heard it referred to as Comcast TV. This is because Comcast is the parent company of Xfinity. So you’re just as right to search for “Comcast TV packages” or “Comcast channel packages” as you would be Xfinity TV packages. Both references are correct, although you’ll most likely see offerings under the name “Xfinity” or “Xfinity by Comcast.”
Now that we’ve cleared up the name confusion let’s get into the nitty-gritty. Xfinity TV packages are delivered via a cable connection. This allows them to provide reliable, fast service to over 111 million customers in 39 states, making Xfinity the biggest cable provider in the country. Because the company casts such a wide net, it’s easy to check if Xfinity TV service is available in your area and if it comes with any money-saving deals.
Xfinity offers channel bundling options that use a digital signal rather than an analog one. This means you get a higher quality picture. The TV-only packages start at 140+ channels. There’s also a 220+ option if you want to be sure you don’t miss any of your favorites. The lineup can satisfy television fans and novices alike. You can check out Xfinity’s channel options to see what package fits your entertainment needs.
Xfinity TV plans and prices
Xfinity TV packages offer an array of programming choices. This makes it possible for you to choose a channel lineup that fits your family’s entertainment needs (and budget). Offerings can vary by location, but here are some examples to give you an idea of pricing:
|Choice Limited||$30/mo. with no contract||10+|
|Digital Starter||$59.99/mo. for the first 12 months with no contract||140+|
|Digital Preferred||$69.99/mo. for the first 12 months with no contract||220+|
|Digital Premier||$84.99/mo. for the first 12 months with no contract||260+|
* Pricing and information as of 3/24/2020 for a customer in Charlotte, North Carolina (28201)
Xfinity TV channel selection
If you’re looking for premium channels, you’ll find the usual lineup with Xfinity TV’s choices. You can choose from HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, The Movie Channel, and Epix. You can mix and match or choose just one of them to add to your plan.
Maybe you’re a huge sports fanatic. If so, you’re in luck with Xfinity TV’s lineup of sports channel options. There are choices like NFL RedZone, CBS Sports Network, MLB Network, and even the Outdoor Channel. You can rest secured come game day!
Notable Xfinity TV features
From customer guarantees to programming for Spanish-speakers, Xfinity has a lot to offer. Take a look at some of the highlights below to see if they’re the right choice for you.
- Customer guarantee – There are few things more frustrating than sitting at home and waiting for a technician. One of the best Comcast cable deals around doesn’t even involve its programming, but its respect for your time. If the technician doesn’t arrive within 20 minutes of the scheduled appointment, the company either credits $20 toward your bill or gives you a free premium channel for three months.
- Xfinity Latino – For people who are looking for Spanish-speaking channels, Xfinity offers a plethora of options.
- Xfinity Stream – You don’t have to be sitting in front of your TV at home in order to enjoy the programming you’re paying for. If you travel a lot but don’t want to miss your favorite programming, you can take Xfinity on the go with the streaming option to use on your phone, tablet, or other streaming devices.
Make sure to check for these Xfinity by Comcast cable TV deals
If you’re moving, look for ways to save money with Xfinity TV. Whether you’re looking for free perks or the chance to change your mind, it offers some great deals.
- 30-day money-back guarantee – If you’re not satisfied with your service, you can cancel within the first 30 days without fear of penalties or fees.
- Bundling Xfinity TV with other services – There are ways you can save by combining services with Xfinity. Here are some examples for a customer in Charlotte, North Carolina:
- You can get 200 Mbps internet and TV with 125+ channels for $79.99/mo. Compare that to 200 Mbps internet-only plan for $44.99/mo. and the Digital Starter TV package for $59.99/mo. (that comes to a total of $104.98/mo.).
Check with Xfinity TV directly at 1-800-934-6489 to find out which deals are available specifically for your area.
*Pricing as of 3/24/2020
Xfinity TV reviews
The American Customer Satisfaction Index gave Xfinity TV’s parent company, Comcast, a score of 57 in its 2019 benchmark. The company scored higher than competitors like Frontier, Mediacom, and Suddenlink. But it fell behind other top providers, like Cox, Spectrum, AT&T, and Verizon Fios.
Comcast Cable has a C rating from the Better Business Bureau, based on its interaction with customers on that platform. But the company does receive a 3.5-star (out of 5) average rating based on over 3,000 customer reviews on the site. Positive reviews praised knowledgeable technicians who showed up on time for appointments and installments. Reviews on service reliability were mixed, and some negative reviews cited confusing billing, unexpected charges/rate increases, and lackluster customer service as reasons for customer concern.
Digging Deeper: Xfinity TV pros and cons
- The no-contract option is an excellent perk for people who don’t know where they’ll be in a year.
- Xfinity TV offers a variety of channels. Whether your family prefers sports, movies, or even international programming, they have a wide selection for you to choose from.
- If bundling appeals to you, then you’ll love Xfinity TV’s bundle plans. You can add “double play” packages that include both internet and TV. Or you can choose a “triple play” package that includes phone service, as well.
- Look into Comcast Communication’s low customer service ratings on trusted sites like the BBB and TrustPilot. The best course of action might be to reach out to friends or family members who have Xfinity TV (especially if they live nearby) and ask them what their experience has been like.
- Not all markets have a large number of TV-only plans available. This can be problematic if you’re looking to be able to ultra-customize your choices.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Xfinity TV cost?
You can get a basic Xfinity plan that has 10+ channels for $30/mo. with no term agreement.
How can I watch Xfinity TV on the go?
Does Xfinity TV offer TV services in my area?
It might, considering the provider’s coverage area covers 39 states. Check to see if you live within Xfinity by Comcast service.
Can I get access to Latino programming?
Yes. If you’re looking for Spanish-speaking channels, Xfinity offers a plethora of options with Xfinity Latino.
How can I get in touch with Xfinity TV?
Give the company a call at 1-800-934-6489 or reach out online.
SET UP INTERNET
Moving soon? Compare the top providers in your area.