Effective as of November 5, 2018
Welcome to MYMOVE.com (the various websites, applications, widgets, email notifications and other mediums, or portions of such mediums, through which you may have accessed MYMOVE.com and/or the terms, conditions, and notices stated herein, collectively, the “Site”). The Site is owned and operated by MYMOVE, LLC (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), a Red Ventures company. Any person accessing or using the Site is referred to as “you.”
1. Acceptance of Terms
3. General Use of the Site and Services
By using this Site, you affirm and agree that:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- Any information you provide will be accurate, current and complete; and
- You will only use the Site in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations existing now or adopted at any later date.
Among other things, you agree that you will not:
- Except with our express prior written permission, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, frame in another Web page, use on any other Web site, transfer or sell any information, software, lists of users, databases or other lists, products or services provided through or obtained from the Site, including without limitation, engaging in the practices of “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other information;
- Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- Remove any copyright and other proprietary notices from the Site or any materials from the Site, including without limitation any individual pages printed from the Site;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not made readily and generally accessible by Company through the Site; or
- Access or attempt to access password protected, secure or non-public areas of the Site.
Except with the express prior written permission of Company, you agree that you will not create links from any Web site or Web page to any page within the Site; provided however upon prior written notice to Company at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may create a link directly to the Site. The origin of any link to the Site home page must be accompanied by a clear and prominent attribution indicating that the link is connected to the Site. By creating a link to the Site, you represent and agree that: (a) you will not employ any technology that results in the placement of content from the Site in an “iframe” and/or a reduced pop-up window and/or any other display mechanism which changes appearance of the Site from how it would appear if a user typed the URL in a typical browser line; (b) your site shall not display content or link to other websites that contain content that is illegal, obscene, indecent, disparaging, discriminating or otherwise offensive; (c) you have duly registered your domain name and possess all rights necessary to use the same; and (d) you shall not in any manner access, collect, store, disclose, transfer or use any information obtained or derived from a user’s access to or use of the Site. We reserve the right to revoke your permission to create such link at any time in its sole discretion and you agree to immediately cease using the link at any time that we so request.
The Services may also be located on third party Web sites or applications, via links, click-through advertising, or otherwise. Nothing contained in any of the Services is an offer or promise by Company to sell a specific product for a specific price or that any advertiser will sell any product or service for any purpose or price or on any specific terms. Company makes no representation or warranty with respect to any third party products or services. Further, Company neither adopts, endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, sufficiency, veracity, timeliness or reliability of any third party products or services or any information, communications, content, opinion, advice or statement concerning any third party products or services. You are solely responsible for confirming the sufficiency and reliability of any third party products and services and the accuracy of any information or statements concerning such products and services.
With the sole exception of communications authored and initiated solely by Company, you acknowledge, understand and agree that we will not be responsible for, and you hereby release Company (including our affiliated companies and our respective officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees) from, any and all loss, claims, demands, liability and damages (direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of any third party products and services and your reliance on any information or statements concerning such products and services.
Certain interactive aspects of the Site and Services may be tools that provide information and customized information based on user-inputted data. These tools and any information generated by these tools are for general reference and informational purposes only, and are not intended to be definitive, comprehensive, or an offer of any kind. You hereby release Company (and our officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees) from any and all claims, demands, liability and damages (direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of or reliance upon such tools and resulting information.
Please note that you may be subject to additional and/or different terms, conditions, and privacy policies when you use third party services, Content (as defined below), software or sites.
As part of the Services, you may (if enabled) receive push notifications, text messages, alerts, emails, or other types of messages directly sent to you (“Push Messages”). If you decide to enable Push Messages, you agree to receipt of communications via the Push Messages. You have control over the Push Messages settings, and can opt in or out of these Push Messages through the Services (with the possible exception of infrequent, important service announcements and administrative messages about the Services). Please be aware that third party messaging fees may occur relating to these Push Messages, depending on the message plan you have with your wireless carrier. You will be required to provide us with your phone number during the registration process in order to use the Services, and by registering with the Site, you authorize us to send texts to your phone. Your use of the Services is also subject to your standard phone and/or internet fees for data, messaging and any other limits put in place by your carrier and you are responsible for any related fees.
4. Registration and Log-In
Certain features of the Site are only available to our registered users, and to access those areas of the Site you may be required to go through a registration and log-in process to create one or more accounts. You may be required to provide personal and/or demographic information as part of the registration or log-in process.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as part of any registration or log-in form or other account creation in connection with the Site, and understand you must not impersonate any other person or entity in doing so. You also agree to keep such information (including your contact information) up to date and understand that we may rely on the contact information provided in your account if we should need to contact you.
5. Security and Services Modifications
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any communications conducted through or in connection with the Site or the Services. You also agree that if you choose to create an account in connection with the Site you will not disclose your account password to anyone and that you will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. If you are aware of any unauthorized use of your account or if you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must promptly notify us. You are solely responsible for all activities occurring under your account, regardless of whether you know about them, and we are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep the Site and Services operational. However, certain technical difficulties or maintenance may, from time to time, result in temporary interruptions. We reserve the right, periodically and at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the Site or Services, with or without notice, all without liability to you for any interruption, modification or discontinuation of the Site or Services or any function or feature thereof. You understand and agree that we have no obligation to maintain, support, upgrade or update the Site or Services or to provide all or any specific content through the Site or Services.
6. Terms Applicable to Your Purchase of Products
Any products or services you may use or purchase as a result of your access to the Site or Services are the products or services of third parties, and not of Company. So each such third party is solely responsible for any products or services it provides to you, including any representations or warranties regarding those products or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any third party or the content of any third party website to which you can link via the Site or Services. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products or services, or content of any third party. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of any third party or their failure to provide products or services, adhere to their own schedules or honor their contracts. You waive and release Company (including our affiliated companies and our respective officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees) from any and all damages, claims, liabilities, and costs resulting from your purchase or use of any product or service of any third party.
In the event that you have a dispute with any third party, you agree to address such dispute directly with the third party in question, and you release Company (including our affiliated companies and our respective officers, directors, agents, investors, subsidiaries, and employees) from any and all claims, demands, or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute. Returns of, or refunds in connection with, any product or service purchased or ordered must be handled directly between you and the applicable third party.
7. Content Contained in the Site
The Site and all of its contents, including without limitation all information, text, messages, images, photos, illustrations, designs, icons, video clips, sounds, files, trademarks, copyrighted material, trade dress, software, specifications, catalogs, literature, technical information, advertisements and other content or materials on the Site (collectively, “Content”) is owned by Company and/or third parties with all rights reserved unless otherwise noted. You are strictly prohibited from downloading (other than page caching) modifying, or making any other use of the Site or Content, except with express prior written consent of Company. You understand that all third party Content posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Site, is the sole responsibility of the third party originator of such Content. The Site, including Content provided through the Site, is provided AS IS, and you agree that the use of and reliance on any Content is at your own risk, and that under no circumstances shall Company be liable for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content made available via the Services. You acknowledge that Company does not screen or approve third-party Content, and that Company shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse, modify, or delete any Content that is available via the Site, for any reason.
8. Content You Provide
To the extent you post, upload, input, submit or otherwise transmit (collectively, “Transmit” or “Transmitting” as appropriate) Content on or through the Site, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information and to refrain from impersonating or falsely representing your affiliation with any person or entity. You are entirely responsible for all Content you provide or otherwise make available via the Site. You also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to such Content including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to Transmit such Content, and to transfer all rights and interests in such Content to the Site as provided below.
By Transmitting Content to the Site, you grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the unencumbered right to grant, to Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute the Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, the Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing. Furthermore, by posting Content to any public area of the Site, you grant Company all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Site by any party for any purpose.
You represent and agree that you will not use the Site to Transmit any Content:
- Containing any inappropriate subject matters;
- That is misleading to others, including consumers;
- That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- That you do not have a right to post and transmit under any law or under contractual relationships;
- Such that such posting, uploading, or transmission constitutes the infringement of any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; or
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
We are always innovating, including researching and developing new ideas, business strategies, and ways to improve the Site and Services, and you are under no obligation to send us any of your ideas for the Company. If you do choose to send us any of your ideas for the Company, you understand and agree that by doing so, you are permanently and irrevocably assigning to us the right to use them, and you waive and release us from any claims that we have used your ideas without your permission, or that you are the owner of any such ideas.
10. Our Remedies; Applicable Law
Accordingly, and in connection with the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree:
- That any claim or legal action you may have or pursue against Company, or that Company may have or pursue against you, must be resolved by a court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, except as otherwise agreed by the parties, and
- To submit to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, for the purpose of litigating and pursuing all such claims or legal actions.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: YOUR USE OF AND RELIANCE UPON ANY AND ALL OF THE SITE, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS MADE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. COMPANY MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES WITH REGARD TO THE APPROPRIATENESS, ACCURACY, SUFFICIENCY, CORRECTNESS, VERACITY, VALUE, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE SITE, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT. COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Without limiting the foregoing, we make no warranty: (a) that the Site or Services will meet your requirements, (b) that the Site or Services will always be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, accurate, complete and error-free, (c) that the Site or Services will operate without packet loss whether due to an outage or a period update, (d) regarding any connection to or transmission from the internet, or any quality of Service due to user installed routers or firewalls, or (e) regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of the Site or Services.
13. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE MYMOVE NETWORK, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE, AND ALL OTHER USE OF THE SITE, IS RECEIVED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS THEREFROM.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
©MYMOVE, LLC 2010-2018. All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the copyrighted materials on the Site is permitted without the written permission of MYMOVE. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you think any material on this Site or available via the Services infringes your copyright, please provide us the following information: (a) a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed; (b) a description of the location on the site or within the Services where the allegedly infringing material is located; (c) your address, telephone number, and email address; (d) a statement by you of your good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (e) a statement by you that the information you are providing to satisfy the above requirements (phrases (a) through (d)) is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, along with an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. This notice should be sent by mail to 1101 Red Ventures Drive, Attn: MYMOVE Legal Department, Fort Mill, SC 29707.
16. General Terms
You expressly authorize us to comply with any and all lawful notices, subpoenas, court orders or warrants without prior notice to you.
17. Legal Disputes
Arbitration/Class Waiver/Opt-Out Clauses
- You and we agree to submit the Dispute to a single arbitrator under the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), including when applicable the Optional Rules for Emergency Measures of Protection and the Consumer Arbitration Rules, or, by separate mutual agreement, at another arbitration institution. The AAA’s rules, information regarding initiating a claim, and a description of the arbitration process are available at adr.org.
The location of the arbitration and the allocation of fees and costs for such arbitration shall be determined in accordance with the AAA rules. As an alternative, you or we may bring a claim in your local “small claims” court, if permitted by that small claims court’s rules.
- The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this section (“Legal Disputes”) regarding our agreement to arbitrate any Dispute (“Agreement to Arbitrate”), and the arbitrability of the Dispute. The arbitrator will decide whether the Dispute can be arbitrated.
- You may opt out of this Agreement to Arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor we can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt out, you must notify us in writing, within 30 days of the date that you first became subject to this Agreement to Arbitrate, either by U.S. mail delivered to: 1101 Red Ventures Drive, Attn: MYMOVE Legal Department, Fort Mill, SC 29707. You must include: (1) your name and residence address; (2) the email address and/or mobile telephone number associated with your account; and (3) a clear statement that you want to opt out of this Agreement to Arbitrate.
- If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained in paragraph (c) above is found to be unenforceable, then all of paragraphs (a)-(f) of this section (“Legal Disputes”) will be null and void as to that Dispute.
- This Agreement to Arbitrate will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, if the Agreement to Arbitrate is found by a court to be unenforceable, if your claim is not covered by the Agreement to Arbitrate, or if you neither are a resident of nor have a principal place of business in the US or Canada, you agree that any Dispute that has arisen, or may arise, between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. You and we agree to submit to the exclusive and personal jurisdiction of such courts for all purposes in connection with this Agreement to Arbitrate.
18. General Terms