10 Small Wine Cellars and Wine Room Ideas You Can Recreate
If you look forward to wine o’clock every evening, why not turn a spot in your home into a stunning wine room or wine cellar? You don’t need a large wine cave or hundreds of thousands of dollars to build one. All you need is a small area like a closet, pantry or corner to create your very own small wine cellar. Here’s how to emulate the most chic wine cellars out there.
The secret to a successful wine room is climate control
Wine is delicate and doesn’t do well with big temperature and humidity fluctuations. The most important facet in your collection of wine room ideas is how you’re going to keep your wine in good shape.
It’s all about keeping the temperature and humidity level in wine cellars from changing too much. The ideal temperature is 55 degrees F, give or take 3 to 5 degrees.
You have two options to maintain the optimal temperature and humidity in your wine cellar:
- Invest in a good wine refrigerator, cooler or cooling system
- Choose a cool, dry, dark spot for your wine cellar, away from windows or exterior walls, where the wine doesn’t experience exterior temperature changes
Once you’ve got that sorted, it’s time to create a space that’s well-organized and inviting. Some things you may want to add to your wine room include:
- Wine racks, shelving or custom cabinets
- A wine glass caddy
- A bar table and stools or some armchairs for serving and lounging
- Good lighting that serves as task lighting and ambiance
- Barware like corkscrews, glass decanters and other accessories
- A small wine refrigerator for champagne or fragile aged wine
Now it’s time for the inspiration. Check out these small wine room ideas that rival the most amazing wine cellars around. Cheers!
Creative small wine room ideas:
Create a wine room under the stairs
For the ultimate tasting room, add a bar table or lounge chairs
Innovative wine shelves and glass doors enclose and display your wine cellar beautifully
Custom kitchen cabinets make great wine cellars
Choose contemporary shelves or unusual wine racks that make a statement
Work a wine cellar into your kitchen
The bottom line
With fall and the holidays coming up, it’s the perfect time to create a small wine room of your own. A well-planned one is the perfect place to gather with friends and collect your favorite wines for years of enjoyment.