Amerisleep Mattress Reviews: Everything You Need to Know
A study conducted by the National Institute of Health (NIH) pointed out that sleep deprivation can reduce a person’s reaction time by up to 50%. And while numerous factors contribute to the health of your zzz’s, your mattress has a tremendous effect on the quality of your sleep.
Founded in 2010, Amerisleep’s mission is to provide clients with quality memory foam mattresses alongside sleep accessories that are made from eco-friendly materials. The company is based in Arizona and does the majority of its sales online, although they also have several retail stores across the state.
American mattress design: What are Amerisleep mattresses made out of?
Amerisleep is a bed-in-a-box company that offers five options of memory foam mattresses, each catering to a different sleeping position.
- AS1: The AS1 is the firmest of the five options and a great choice for people who prefer a firm surface that relieves pressure. It is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
- AS2: The AS2 is arguably the most popular of the five mattress options and for good reason: it features mid-level firmness, which is a great choice for the majority of sleepers. Most back sleepers love it, as it’s designed to ensure that the spine is properly aligned throughout the night.
- AS3: The AS3 is great for body contouring and support. It is designed to have a soft feel that does not compromise on pressure relief, making it ideal for back and side sleepers.
- AS4: The AS4 is Amerisleep’s most advanced memory foam mattress. It uses the company’s Bio-Pur+ and Surface Modification Technology (SMT) foam, offering body contouring and support that is ideal for side sleepers.
- AS5: The AS5 is Amerisleep’s plushest mattress. It is the only mattress among the rest that contains Activus, memory foam with rapid response time. Activus contours your body instantly and does so without feeling like you are sinking.
- Hybrid mattresses: Amerisleep also manufactures hybrid mattresses by combining foam technology with a spring coil for firmer support in specific areas.
Each of Amerisleep’s mattresses contains Bio-Core Foam, Bio-Pur Memory Foam, and a Celliant Cover. The Bio-Core Foam is the foundation, and it is seven or eight inches thick, depending on the model. This layer is partly made of plants rather than petroleum, making it eco-friendly. In the hybrid models, the Bio-Core Foam is replaced with pocketed coils.
The Bio-Pur Memory Foam is the top layer on the company’s mattresses. It is two to four inches thick, depending on the model. Unlike conventional memory foam, the Bio-Pur Memory Foam is designed to be more breathable and responsive. The Celliant Cover has thermo-reactive minerals which are clinically proven to increase blood flow by converting the body’s heat into infrared light. The cover is removable and washable, a feature that’s unique to bed-in-a-box mattress models.
What do Amerisleep mattresses cost?
Just as they are different in construction and firmness, Amerisleep’s mattresses have different prices. The cheapest model is the AS1 that starts at $849 for a Twin, while the most expensive is the AS5, which starts at $1,799 for a Twin.
Here’s pricing information for the Amerisleep Original Mattress:
|Amerisleep mattress size||Price (MSRP)|
*Pricing information as of 04/28/2020
Amerisleep offers three different hybrid mattress models
Beyond the five original models explored above, Amerisleep also offers hybrid models for AS2, AS3, and AS5.
- AS2h: This mattress features a spring coil base for additional support. Just like the AS2, the hybrid model has a Bio-Pur foam beneath, which is an Affinity transition layer. The purpose of the Affinity transition layer is to provide support to the areas that need it most. For back sleepers, that would be the lower back, while for stomach sleepers, the support would be on the chest, knees, and stomach.
- AS3h: This mattress is Amerisleep’s best-selling hybrid mattress. Unlike the AS2h, it does not feature the Affinity layer, which makes it rank higher on the firmness scale. The coil base is zoned, thus reducing the development of pressure points.
- AS5h: This mattress features an Active Flex layer that gives the bed extra bounce. While it is plush, it doesn’t make the sleeper feel as if they are stuck in the bed.
How comfortable is the Amerisleep mattress?
Amerisleep has gained a reputation for producing high-quality mattresses. The mattresses are plant-based and have open-cell foam layers that are meant to keep the sleeper cool. The patented Bio-Pur comfort layer contours your body and relieves pressure points. The zoned system supports your back and cushions the hips and the area above your shoulders. This feature aligns your body for a night of comfortable and painless sleep.
The AS1 Amerisleep mattress is the firmest and is 10” thick while the AS5 is 14” and is the softest. The topmost layer is the breathable Celliant Cover, which ensures there’s good air circulation, thus preventing you from getting sweaty. It is also said to ease muscle recovery.
Other products sold by Amerisleep
Besides mattresses, Amerisleep also manufactures:
- Pillows: These are CertiPIUR-US® certified and feature the responsive Bio-Pur material and a breathable cover.
- Bedding: Amerisleep’s bedding promises to keep you dry throughout the night. The bedding consists of cotton or tencel sheets, mattress protectors, mattress toppers, and duvets.
- Bed bases: Amerisleep offers flat and adjustable bed bases.
While Amerisleep is not BBB-accredited, the company has an A+ rating within the organization. The company’s AS3 mattress enjoys a 4.8-star rating out of a possible five on Amazon. Most Amerisleep reviews focus on the convenience of choosing varying firmness levels, the comfort the mattresses offer, and Amerisleep’s outstanding customer service.
Amerisleep pros and cons
The bottom line
Amerisleep’s solid reputation, along with its excellent reviews, is a testament to the quality of goods they manufacture. The mattresses have exceptional motion isolation, thus minimizing sleep disturbances. Deciding which model you should choose boils down to your personal preference. The extent to which the mattress sinks depends on the model you pick, however, they are all breathable and responsive, thus preventing you from sagging.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy an Amerisleep mattress?
You can buy Amerisleep mattresses via their website. You can also visit their showrooms in Austin, Denver, Fort Worth, Gilbert, Glendale, Lone Tree, Scottsdale, Portland, and Tucson.
How long does an Amerisleep mattress last?
Amerisleep memory foam mattresses last for seven to ten years, while the hybrid models last for five to seven years. As mentioned, you get a 20-year warranty. The first ten years are non-prorated, which implies that for the first ten years, you benefit from a full-replacement warranty. During the following ten years, you are responsible for 50% of the replacement mattress along with the shipping costs.
How thick is an Amerisleep mattress?
Amerisleep mattresses have varying thicknesses. The AS1 is ten inches while the AS2, AS3, and AS4 are twelve inches. The AS5 is fourteen inches.
Do I need to flip or rotate my Amerisleep mattress?
Just like other foam mattresses, you do not need to flip or rotate your Amerisleep mattress. It’s design contours your body while you sleep and easily bounces back.
How long does it take to get my mattress once I’ve placed my order?
Normally, it takes three to five working days to ship the mattress.