Saatva Mattress Reviews and Buying Guide
Founded in 2011, Saatva is a luxury mattress company based in New York. They pride themselves on blurring the line between traditional store-bought and bed-in-a-box mattresses. They have five flagship models of mattresses: The Classic, HD, Zenhaven, Loom & Leaf, and Solaire.
The company offers free white glove delivery, so there’s no heavy lifting, and they can also remove your old mattress free of charge. They also offer a 120-day trial on all mattresses, so if you aren’t satisfied, you can return or exchange easily.
Saatva Mattress design: What are Saatva Mattresses made out of?
The Saatva Classic Mattress is a hybrid innerspring, meaning it combines a coil-on-coil system with a memory foam comfort layer. It’s made from a durable dual steel coil support system and features an organic cotton cover, plus the active wire Lumbar Zone technology is designed to reduce stress and tension in your lower back.
It’s available in three different firmness options: plush soft, luxury firm, and firm. With 80% of customers choosing luxury firm, this is by far their most popular option, and Saatva recommends this firmness if you struggle with back pain.
What do Saatva Mattresses cost?
The prices for each Saatva Mattress vary depending on size and any added extras. Here’s what to expect:
- The Loom & Leaf Mattress starts at $849 for a Twin, up to $2,276 for a Split Cal King.
- The Saatva Solaire Mattress starts at $2,095 for a TwinXL, up to $3,295 for a Split Cal King.
- The Zenhaven Mattress starts at $1,299 for a Twin, up to $2,799 for a Split King. (This model does not come in a Split Cal King size.)
- The Saatva HD Mattress starts at $1,499 for a Twin, up to $3,299 for a Split King. (This model does not come in a Split Cal King size.)
Pricing information for the Saatva Classic Mattress
Below is a breakdown of pricing for the Saatva Classic Mattress:
|Saatva mattress size||Price (MSRP)|
|Split Cal King||$1,899|
*Pricing as of 05/08/2020
Saatva has partnered with Klarna to provide customers with 0% finance packages on all mattresses for six months if paid in full.
Saatva offers five different mattress models
Alongside its Classic model, Saatva has four additional models to help suit all needs and requirements. Every mattress is designed for back, side, and stomach sleepers.
- The Loom & Leaf Mattress is high-density and has cooling support layers that contour to your body to provide pressure relief. It’s available in two firmness options: relaxed firm and firm. This mattress is a great option for both solo sleepers and couples, helping you keep your spine in neutral alignment.
- The Saatva Solaire Mattress features six layers of comfort and 50 firmness options that are adjustable with the touch of a button. This personalized comfort allows you to set the firmness level that feels right for you. The 5-zone Talalay latex within the mattress offers precise support in the all-important lumbar region.
- The Zenhaven Mattress features four distinct zones of density to provide substantial support in the lumbar region, relieve maximum pressure and offer a cool sleep. The Zenhaven features advanced 2-in-1 comfort technology, meaning you can flip the mattress over to find your perfect feel.
- The Saatva HD Mattress is specifically designed for people weighing between 300 and 500 pounds. Its high-durability coil base is 25% stronger than the industry standard, providing substantial lumbar support and preventing the mattress from sagging or dipping.
How comfortable is the Saatva Mattress?
The Classic comes in three comfort options. The plush soft option has a deep, body-hugging feel thanks to softer foam and extra padding. The luxury firm is designed to replicate the comfort level found in high-end hotels—a thoughtful balance of comfort and uplifting support. The final option, firm, provides comfort for those who would prefer to lie on top of a mattress rather than sink into it.
Other products sold by Saatva
Saatva has a variety of products to enhance your sleeping experience. You can purchase these separately or use the Build Your Dream Bed tool to find your perfect match!
These are all made using high-quality 100% organic cotton.
- Organic Weighted Blanket– Available in 15 lb or 25 lb weights.
- Lofton Organic Sheet Set – Includes a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillowcases.
- The Saatva Pillow – Three-layer construction with a latex core.
- Memory Foam Pillow – Made with a graphite cooling layer and gel-infused core.
- Organic Mattress Pad – Made from 300 thread count organic cotton.
- Saatva Mattress Toppers – Available in graphite foam, latex, or high-density foam.
The foundations, platform beds, and adjustable cases that give support to your mattress.
- Foundation and Frame – Provides optimal mattress and body support and fits all mattress sizes
- Lineal Adjustable Base – Includes weightless, zero-gravity support, wave massage and under-bed illumination—all controlled by a remote
Saatva’s bed frames come in a variety of styles. Each frame is available in three colors, with either a velvet or linen upholstery.
Saatva mattress reviews
On Trustpilot, the brand scores an impressive 4.7/5, with customer experience, comfort, and quality as the biggest positives of owning a Saatva mattress.
On Consumer Affairs, the mattress comes in with a score of 4.5/5. Customers raved about the excellent customer experience and the overall comfort of the mattress.
On Saatva, their Classic mattress scores a whopping 4.9/5 stars from over 40,000 customers. Customers were particularly impressed with the quality of sleep they experienced since purchasing a Saatva mattress and commented on the company’s outstanding customer service.
Saatva Mattress pros and cons
The bottom line on Saatva Mattresses
Saatva is a line of luxury mattresses that comes in five different models, each with its own variety of firmness levels. They also sell a line of bedding, bases, and frames to enhance your sleeping experience. The brand supplies mattresses online without compromising on customer experience or quality, giving you the best return on your investment.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a Saatva mattress cost?
This depends on which mattress you choose and if you wish to apply any added extras. You can pay anything between $799 and $3,295, depending on your specifications.
Does a Saatva mattress need a box spring?
Saatva mattresses are designed to go onto a foundation or box spring. If your existing foundation or box spring is less than seven years old, in good condition, and provides a sturdy surface for your new mattress, then you don’t need to purchase a new box spring.
Do Saatva mattresses ever go on sale?
As they sell direct to the consumer, Saatva is already giving their customers the best possible deal. However, they do offer a $125 discount to active military, veterans, first responders, teachers, and nurses. From time to time, they will offer a discount on their website, so make sure you check regularly or sign up for their newsletter.
What’s the best mattress for my sleep position?
Saatva’s line of luxury mattresses comes in a variety of comfort levels to suit all sleeping styles. Download their Buyer’s Guide or take their Simple Quiz to find out which mattress suits your needs.
Compare internet speeds from top providers in your area.